Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
District Sales Engineer
Provide a broad range of seasoned professional engineering services to interpret complex customer drawings and specifications for manufacturing of associated product design and complex circuits to meet application requirements; create more complex engineering documentation for drafting, procurement, and manufacturing; provide coordination and lead technical guidance to product engineering and production personnel as appropriate; support and lead product marketing on a project basis and provide negotiation and application support for field sales in more complex product areas.
- Maintain current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities, practices, market conditions, and channels.
- Develop product quotations with detailed technical and commercial clarifications using sound tactical pricing
- Provide complex engineering functions in support of product marketing, manufacturing, and sales in line with company and product line objectives.
- Support field sales efforts by the developing of technical information and competitive analysis as tools of value to enhance sales performance. Provide training to Customers and Field Sales via Tier and Gearhead schools.
- Serve as primary division contact for customers as technical liaison in all aspects of product application, performance, and compliance to specifications and problem solutions.
- Oversee the handling of complex negotiations providing expertise in the areas of technical recommendations, etc. in line with product line objectives.
- Manage assigned territory with objectives contributing to the product line in areas of volume, price, mix, shipping performance, product warranties, and complete customer satisfaction.
- Support company activities such as product design, market and product communications, competitive analysis, customer relations, productivity, cost, quality, and safety improvements.
- Provide instructions to division and field sales personnel in product applications, features, engineering methods, and other technical related topics.
- Provide training and leadership to less experienced engineers and technicians.
- Perform other related activities and special projects as assigned.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in company related projects, activities, or other job related assignments.
- All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health and safety guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Previous Electrical Engineering experience with Electrical Distribution and Protection technology.
- Experience with PLC or relay programming
- Strong presentation and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to customers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time