Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Industrial Sales Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical North American Sales Division is seeking an Industrial Sales Engineer. The Industrial Sales Engineer will be based at our Houston, TX or Beaumont, TX sales office.
The Industrial Sales Engineer has responsibility to achieve an assigned sales quota consistent with expectations of a seasoned professional sales engineer. This position has the primary responsibility to manage and coordinate the sales effort within the customer/distributor base assigned.
The Industrial Sales Engineer will sell Power Distribution equipment to targeted customers in a targeted Market Area. Extensive knowledge of the Market area is a must for this opportunity. The position’s primary objective is to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin.
- Drive increase in sales in the marketplace.
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers.
- Develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota.
- Develop and implement sales plans and be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to product divisions.
- Working directly and manage process and follow up with Inside Sales Engineer on Project take-off and bid preparation via Bid Manager.
- Prepare bill of materials, terms and conditions, pricing, prepare submittals, quotations follow-up, negotiation tracking, administer change orders, and other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Provide technical assistance to distributors in direct support of their Growth end user accounts to ensure satisfaction with Eaton’s products and services.
- Prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness.
- Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company personnel to assure customer satisfaction and manage customer relationships and opportunities through the active utilization and pipeline maintenance in Eaton’s CRM tool C360.
- Work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues.
- Manage expense allowances and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of electrical industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of electrical industry sales and/or customer service experience
- Experience in low voltage and medium voltage switchgear
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Motor controls experience
- Strong work ethic, great interpersonal skills, competitiveness, and willingness to learn, as well as be adept at building relationships.
- Knowledge of Power Distribution and control products, market knowledge, established customer relationships within the market area.
- Good time management, presentation/training skills, planning skills, value added selling, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time