Architect - End User Experience
Plan for future-state technology portfolios and IT program investments
Develop, communicate, and deploy architecture governance processes
Drive the application of emerging technologies to current Eaton environments
Drive solution architecture, develop cost models, ensure technical alignment and facilitate technical solution delivery.
Develop integration methodologies between new and existing technologies
Accountable for maintaining high levels of solution adoption, performance, availability and capacity, demonstrating a commitment to quality.
Work within Eaton's IT Organization to successfully influence the direction of key technical elements of the solution environment.
Own Strategic Planning process
Guide other SB09 Architects.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 7 years in IT with experience in multiple technology platforms
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Expertise in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of enterprise-wide applications
- Experience successfully delivering on all aspects of a technology project
- Experience successfully delivering on all aspects of an enterprise-wide, global technology projects
- Domain Expertise with Design / Architectural Experience
- Exposure to several layers of technology solutions: hardware, application administration, application development, support, etc.
- Experience with all Office 365 services (E1 - E5 and the EM+S suite)
- VMware Horizon, Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop
- Unified Communications Technologies (Cisco / Microsoft)
- Mobile Device Management / Mobile Application Management (AirWatch & Intune)
- Identity Services (Active Directory, Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS))
- Microsoft Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS / iOS operating systems
- Experience in solution, application and infrastructure architecture
- Experience, as an individual contributor, in mentoring / managing technical resources across disciplines
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects of varying scope and scale
- Requires the ability to handle ambiguous situations and execute upon a direction
- Experience and working knowledge of related disciplines such as Information Architecture, Solution Architecture etc. as appropriate
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical discipline such as: B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering,
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Additional language capabilities are a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time