Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
CNC Machinist (2nd Shift)
- Operate boring mills and vertical turret lathes, equipped with chucks, clamps, standard work holding devices or special fixtures, to efficiently machine all types of parts and materials in operations suitable to boring mill methods.
- Set up machines and tooling to perform jobs as specified by drawings or sketches.
- Maintain tolerances consistent with the requirements of the work and the characteristics of the machine.
- Maintain machine and cutting tools by making minor adjustments and recommending that repairs be made by the Maintenance Department, as required.
- Operate electric hoist or crane, as required, for moving heavy pieces in the course of the work.
- Operate other machine tools, within the operator’s ability, as required, in cases of emergency.
- Assist the Supervisor in the instruction and training of employees assigned to the work.
- Perform 5S activities as needed.
- Attend outside education programs, as necessary, to maintain or enhance skills related to machine operation.
- Participates in cell/work review meetings with management to enhance the operation of the machining department.
- Passes accurate, timely information concerning the status of the cell between shifts.
- Must be proficient in shop mathematics, blueprint reading and the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers and gauges.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Word, etc.) and have the ability and desire to learn other programs as needed.
- Experienced with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques, such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standard Work, Set Up Reduction, Continuous Flow and Pull.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with CNC VTL and/or CNC machining centers, including proficiency in all aspects of set-up and operation of equipment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Brooklyn, OH will be considered
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No