Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Software Engineer
Eaton is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our progressive and dynamic enterprise software and cloud development group in midtown Atlanta, GA!
This is a hands-on development role that will directly contribute to the development and expansion of our cutting edge cloud connected internet of things (IOT) and standalone product applications and offerings.
We are looking for a talented and creative problem solver. You will be working in a dynamic and fast paced team environment with the latest technology and tools, using your software engineering skills to deliver new products. You will be involved in the complete development life cycle, seeing your design evolve from a specification into a finished product. Detailed technical collaboration with the full cross-functional development team will require strong , ongoing communication. Maintaining our market leading position will challenge your creativity and design skills.
In this role you will also help evaluate and develop various applications using various front end, back end, dashboard including cloud technologies and components. You will work closely with product management and other design team members to understand the business needs, propose and develop end to end solutions. The candidate will possess excellent hands on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results.
- Work with the other software development team members when coordinating on large projects.
- Translate requirements into software in line with project vision.
- Participate in the definition of both the functional and non-functional requirements of the system.
- Participate in design reviews and sprint planning.
- Understand best-practice software architectures and software development processes.
- Research, assess, and adapt to new technologies necessary for future enhancements of products.
- Develop High Performance Software.
- Protect intellectual property through patent disclosures.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience with web-based applications.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of X will be considered.
- BS in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- Working knowledge of Database Design, SQL Queries and transactions.
- Experience developing java script dash boarding and reporting solutions
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Sound understanding of Agile development, UML, SDL and CMM.
- Knowledge of server configurations, including IIS and Apache configurations.
- Experience with IOS, Android or other mobile app development.
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience with back-end technologies – java, node.js, etc.
- Minimum 1 year experience using SQL queries to manipulate application data stored in a database
- Expert knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented programming and design principles.
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions
- Ability to articulate and promote software development best-practices
- Experience with revision control systems, preferably Git
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time