Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior HR Generalist
Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is seeking a Senior Human Resources Generalist. The Senior HR Generalist will be based at our Jackson, MI aerospace facility.
The HR Senior Generalist position will provide a broad range of HR support of business objectives, strategic goals, and human resource initiatives for an assigned client group in Jackson, MI. The selected candidate will provide support and guidance across all aspects of the HR function supporting the plant population. The individual in this role will be assigned responsibility for a production and salary employee population in areas such as union relations, employee relations, staffing, coaching, guidance, payroll administration, and other HR initiatives. The HR Senior Generalist will also be responsible for working with various business leaders to drive the Eaton goals to create an environment that fosters committed and engaged employees in support of a high performance culture through communication, performance management, and other key people initiatives.
- Deploys HR policies, practices and programs to manage talent, drive the culture, and align the organization for the Jackson plant.
- Assess and select talent and train and coach managers on the process.
- Deploy local policies and practices in alignment with values.
- Ensure data integrity in all HR systems with timely and accurate entry and gather data through HR technology systems.
- Utilize metrics to determine the health of the organization.
- Ensure effective onboarding and ongoing training of all employees.
- Conduct investigations and recommend and facilitate resolution.
- Coach and facilitate employees and managers through workplace issues. Deploy performance management systems and coach managers on the process.
- Work with the HR Manager to deliver on compensation, organizational development, and workforce planning strategies to address the current and future needs of the business.
- Managing the local and corporate training initiatives of the site.
- Understand and consider all applicable legal implications when making business decisions and protect the organization by ensuring compliance with all labor when making business decisions and protect the organization by ensuring compliance with all labor laws.
- Minimum of two (2) years of HR experience or advanced degree and a graduate of a leadership development program
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a HR generalist capacity
- Experience working in a union environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in business or human resources
- MBA or HR-related Master’s degree
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only