Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Software Engineer in Test (IoT)
EIIC’s Center for IoT and Connectivity accelerates the company’s capabilities through the development of reusable, secure, reliable, integrated, and connected embedded and IoT platforms, providing a foundation for our businesses to more rapidly develop innovative products and services. The Software Engineer in Test will be a member of the Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions (CCIS) and play a key role in verifying and validating the next-generation technology solutions that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and devices. This role includes:
We are looking for candidates who are able to see the bigger picture; strength in a system-level viewpoint is a must. We want problem solvers who are excited about learning new technologies, coding scripts, and designing infrastructure in an automation-first environment. If you are not daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, our team might be your next career step. As a member of an creative, motivated and talented team, we need our Engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about testing new things & modernizing existing things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
You must have good experience with current software testing technology, tools, and practices, and you must have strong capabilities in verifying and validating back-end applications using programming languages such as Python, Java, C#, and C++. You must excel at working in both Linux and Windows development environments. You must have or be willing to develop skillsets in end-user IoT protocols (MQTT, AMQP, or WebSocket) and Big Data technologies (Apache Hadoop, HBASE, MongoDB, Redis, etc.).
If you get excited about testing new things & modernizing existing things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• Hands-on role on an Agile Development team with a track record of shipping quality products on a Microsoft Azure based IoT platform.
• Design and implement robust, scalable, high quality Test Automation Suites within a Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI-CD) environment to improve quality and productivity of functional, regression, and system tests.
• Identify opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drive those from concept to implementation.
• Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, and detailed design documents.
• Execute black, gray, and white boxing including load and performance testing against individual system components and platform APIs.
• Must be able to develop, execute, and maintain extensible automated tests using Python; Java or C#
• Communicate technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders; strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Debug problems using coding and other techniques.
• Validate official customer product releases as needed to support the target release schedule.
Expected to develop an understanding of Eaton’s Agile development process and integrate daily product development activities as necessary to work within its constraints.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Computer Engineering from accredited institution
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Computer Engineering from accredited institution
• 3+ years of experience in Software development & Test or Test tool development with proven track record of validating high quality products.
• Thorough understanding of automation frameworks and RESTful Web API testing; worked on defining and implementing automation framework for 2+ projects.
• 1+ years’ experience with Cloud/IoT technologies and platforms such as Microsoft Azure.
• 2+ years of development experience in Python or other scripting language; 1+ years in other object oriented languages such as Java, C#, etc.
• Knowledge of Computer Science Data Structures and basic Algorithms and how they pertain to storage, growth-rate (O-notation), etc.
• 1+ years of experience with network-enabled communications protocols, message queues, and databases.
• Proficient understanding of Source Control software and Code Collaboration tools (Git, SVN, etc.); experience with Issue and Project Tracking software (JIRA, TFS, etc.).
• Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
• Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
• Strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills; able to successfully communicate technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders.
• Individual who is self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented, and able to overcome obstacles; strong self-learning and research ability.
• Able to see the bigger picture; strength in a system-level viewpoint is a must;.
• Experience writing integration tests for Continuous Integration and Deployment frameworks.
• Experience working on projects using Atlassian tools and marketplace (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence, Zephyr, etc.).
• Extensive experience with JUnit, Pytest, TestNG, MSTest or similar build and unit testing frameworks.
• Experience testing end-user protocols, such as MQTT, AMQP, or WebSocket.
• Experience with Big Data technologies, such as Apache Hadoop, HBASE, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
• Experience working on an Embedded Linux or RTOS platforms.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time