Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supplier Development Engineer
· Evaluate potential new suppliers and support commodity managers in selection of new suppliers.
· Support new programs up to source selection.
· Drive process and systemic quality improvements, at assigned suppliers, to reduce quality non-conformances (DMR) and cost of poor quality.
· Detain knowledge on suppliers manufacturing process and products.
· Driving process and systemic quality improvements, at assigned supplier sites, through the use of basic and advanced quality tools (SPC, Lean, Six Sigma) and validates improvements through defined measurable to reduce quality non-conformances (DMR).
· Continually monitoring suppliers’ performance status and work with suppliers and plant SQA to implement effective 8D corrective action and comprehensive performance improvement plans as required.
· Lead Quality/EHS risk assessments (SSA and technical assessments), in support of new sourcing, to determine if a supplier’s quality system meets Eaton’s performance thresholds. Set Action Plans to fulfill gaps found on SSA assessment, support and assure implementation plan. Act on sourcing recommendation to lead risk mitigation on strategic projects.
· Participates on commodity strategy teams and provides the quality detail required to define strategy and to support strategy implementation.
· Works collaboratively with plant SQE and acts as point of escalation for major supplier issues.
· Performs fundamental data analysis (Quality systems, PPM, DMR) to determine performance level of suppliers and lead performance improvement through action plans setting and implementation as required.
· Assists, as required, in internal training of staff on supplier development procedures, processes and work instructions.
· Support error proofing in the design stage through design & manufacturability reviews held with product engineer and suppliers prior to source selection.
· Ensure initial supplier orientation, provides WISPER training as required.
· Technical degree in mechanical engineering discipline
· Complementary formation (Master / Specialization / Post Graduation) in Quality or Technical area
· ASQ certified Quality Engineer
· 6-9 years foundry manufacturing experience
· 6-9 years’ experience in using quality tools/methodologies(PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, auditing)
· Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
· Knowledge of Hydraulics Industry specific quality requirement
· Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
· Ability to work cross-functionally
· Ability to think strategically
· Speaks English as a primary or secondary language fluently.
· Demonstrate knowledge on specific commodity (Bearing, turned parts and stamping parts)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time