Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
CNC Operator- 1st Shift
Eaton in Pinckneyville, IL is seeking a full-time CNC Operator to work first shift.
- Sets-ups and operates computer numerical controlled (CNC) machinery that automatically mills, drills, or otherwise machines Fiberglass material
- Can identify inserts, cutters and general tooling for specific operations
- Use all machines commands and controls
- Performs adjustments to adhere to established specifications.
- Monitors work to ensure that machine is not malfunctioning.
- Makes general decisions as to quality, tolerances, and operation sequence including necessary machine adjustments.
- Ability to safely and accurately setup and use a wide variety of quality tools including calipers, micrometers, tape measures, etc.
- Perform all 5S+ activities and keep immediate work area clean and free from hazards.
- Ability to read, interpret, and operate from basic engineering prints and drawings.
- Ability to work in different cells in the Fiberglass Department.
- Work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
- Responsible for finished parts conformity to print or specification.
- Drives Continuous Improvements opportunities to process & CNC equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Fully complies with ethical policies of the company.
- Ability to operator an overhead crane and forklift.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Job requires lifting up to 50lbs without assistance on a daily basis as well as standing on feet up to 8-10 hours per day. Constant use of hands is essential.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Experience working with CNC or manual machines in a professional or academic setting
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Pinckneyville, IL will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- 3 or more years manufacturing experience
- 3 or more years CNC machining experience
- Experience in wood work, sheet metal fabrication or similar environment
- Sheet metal turret experience
- Certificate or diploma in engineering or a related field
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No