Machine Repairer - 2nd Shift
Eaton has an immediate opening for a Machine Repairer - 2nd Shift located in Waukesha, WI at the North Street plant.
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, plant utilities and buildings. Responsibilities include: mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical repairs.
- Works from work orders, prints, sketches, specific and general instructions with assistance for any problems. Operates lift trucks and other vehicles requiring a driver's license, overhead cranes, hoists, and a variety of other lifting equipment. Uses a variety of small hand tools, power tools, saws, grinders, threaders, hydraulic presses, gas and electric welders, torches, drill presses, lathes, micrometers, calipers and gauges. Works in wet, oily and dirty conditions. Moves heavy objects with assistance. Due to the nature of this job, working emergencies and scheduled weekends is a requirement.
- Repairs malfunctioning machines, equipment, and small tools/parts. Problems for which assistance is required are referred to the supervisor for correct action.
- Performs repairs on electrical/electronic equipment to include: motor replacement, hoist pendent replacement, fuses, motor brushes and overloads, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance or lubrication on machinery and equipment to insure proper operation. Makes necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Performs repairs on any hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Performs layout and fabrication of miscellaneous weldments from sketches and drawings using various welding equipment.
- Performs machining and forming of parts and material as required.
- Performs utility maintenance involving the repair, replacement, and installation of electrical, oil, gas, and steam lines.
- Performs building maintenance, such as painting and carpentry.
- Operates various industrial vehicles used in material/machine moving or snow removal.
- Assists in the installation and relocation involving production machines and equipment.
- Assists in on-the-job training of employees in lower classifications. Assists other classifications with work normally assigned to them. May serve as a project leader and direct the activities of lower classification personnel. May perform duties associated with lower classifications.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Waukesha, WI area (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Four year state indentured apprenticeship as a Machine Repairer.
- Two year diploma in Industrial Maintenance Mechanic and two years’ experience as a General/Machine Repairer.
- Eight years’ experience as a Machine Repairer as specifically applied to industrial machine tools and equipment.
- Work at 10-40 foot heights.
- Ability to obtain a lift truck license.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No