Specialist - IT Oracle Financials Functional Support - OTC
Provides the technical strategy and supporting IT frameworks to guide the successful design, deployment and operations of IT solutions; project based.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.,
ADQS CoE within Eaton IT is responsible for application engineering, development, quality assurance and support. ADQS CoE support team is looking for a Specialist – Oracle Financials Functional Support - OTC. The primary objective of this position involves (1) owning & managing Oracle financials incidents and requests raised by application users, process owners and others through column case and remedy and addressing them while adhering to the SLAs set (2) working closely with Global Financial Shared Services and Systems (GFSS), Administrative CoE and IT BRMs to understand business requirements and working with peers and technical support team and deliver solutions and services (3) acting as a coach and mentor for Oracle financials IT technical support team.
Candidate should have (1) excellent functional and business process knowledge of Oracle R12 order to cash (OTC) including sub ledger accounting (SLA) and e-business tax concepts (2) good understanding of procure to pay (PTP) and record to report (RTR) business processes (3) good understanding of Oracle Applications EBS R12 table structure and ability to write complex queries to extract and analyze data (4) good understanding of end to end IT service management processes such as incident management, request management, problem management, change management and release management.
- Provides strong leadership to develop best practices for effective functional support in OTC business process area.
- Reviews, analyzes and provides effective resolution to functional issues in OTC business process within defined service agreements.
- Prioritizes functional tickets leveraging solid understanding of business processes and Oracle applications to minimize impact on business operations.
- Partner with GFSS, Administrative CoE and IT BRMs to understand business requirements and work with peers and technical support team and deliver solutions and services and identify opportunities for automation leading to increased operational efficiency.
- Interprets and analyzes business requirements or change requests and partners with IT technical support teams to solve business problems and enhance business value.
- Evaluates, proposes, and recommends alternative solutions to GFSS functional teams and change control board (CCB) to solve business problems and improve business processes.
- Provides strong support leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for support delivery
- Analyzes and troubleshoots complex production issues and drives resolution within agreed SLA’s.
- Monitors incident trends to identify potential problem areas, analyses and provides a permanent solution where possible or a workaround to ensure quality of service and availability is maintained.
- Evaluates and recommends alternative solutions to solve business problems in order to ensure agreed level of service availability.
- Drives efficiency and suggests improvements in Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management and Change Management processes to enhance productivity and customer satisfaction. (Continuous Improvement)
- Maintains quality and schedule of deliverables by ensuing proper reviews and approvals of design and code, regression and performance testing as required, obtaining UAT approval before code is moved to production
- Performs peer review of functional design and makes suggestions, recommendations for improvements
- Coordinates month end activities with business users, EDM, Control-M and other production support teams to ensure issues are addressed in timely manner
- Establishes monthly review process with Business and IT leaders, prepares and presents trends and analysis of incidents and requests, problem management activities undertaken by the team
- Manages engagement across all customer groups, IT, Strategic suppliers and vendor partners
- Leads communication and drives recommendations to enable business process improvements across multiple business groups and engages senior leadership as needed
- Provides an understanding of both technology and business concepts and is able to articulate business processes. Recommends improvements to functional and business processes.
- Consults with customers and IT managers to develop, define, and prioritize work assignments and work delivery.
- Ensures sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
- Performs risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time