Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Material Mover/Handler - 3rd Shift
Perform various duties to load and unload carriers, operate staging elevator and transfer conveyors, and transport material as required.
Operate fork lift truck or hand truck to move, stack and deliver material to/from proper destinations or storage areas.
Move machined parts, castings, assemblies, material and supplies about the department as directed, from station to station, to and from storage areas and to other departments, etc.
Move skids and containers with cognizance for safety and efficient utilization of space.
Exercise care in stacking to avoid shifting or falling of materials.
Change LP gas tanks or check and replenish battery water on trucks as necessary and perform a variety of related or associated duties as required or directed.
Make simple hook-up to charging apparatus.
Count and sort parts by hand.
Keep operators and assemblers supplied with work and see that move ticket accompanies outgoing material.
Required to run errands or perform other related duties as directed.
Administer the 5’s. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition and report all questionable cases and mechanical malfunctions to proper supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Minimum one year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum one year of material handler experience
- Duties involve following prescribed routines or detailed instructions requiring minor decisions.
- Moderate physical effort, equivalent to continuous light, frequent average or occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways and positions in performance of various job duties.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No