Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Mississauga, Ontario has an immediate opening for an Application Engineer for our Utility Segment.
This position can be located anywhere within
The primary function of the Application Engineer is to achieve acceptability of Eaton’s electrical products in the marketplace, while providing technical leadership and mentoring for sales engineers, distributors, outside rep agencies, and to both internal and external customers. This position will be responsible for leading the design, development and validation of Eaton products and service applications. This position will be familiar with competitive product offerings and be able to position Eaton products to best compete against competitive products.
• Providing efficient and accurate pre-sale application and technical support by analyzing and recommending solutions to meet customers’ needs.
• Manage daily phone and email activity while providing directions, solutions, and recommendations.
• Effectively communicate product value propositions and product line strategies.
• Review and provide feedback on product literature developed by product line.
• Provide feedback to product marketing and engineering regarding information, cross reference data, renewal parts information, technical drawings, and any other technical documentation found in hard copy or on the website.
• Serve on special teams to enhance team performance and drive process improvement, productivity, customer satisfaction, and high performance work culture.
• Provide training to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Calling on electrical engineers at related utility customers and consulting firms across the assigned sales territory to assist with technical design and position Eaton related products in a preferred position.
• Providing support on major projects including submittals drawings and interfacing with the customer and project consultants.
• Working with end users to gain acceptance and promote Eaton products.
• Conduct product seminars and training on Eaton products and solutions to: end users, distributors, consultants and sales engineers.
• Assist customers with design build opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum 5 years of electrical sales or electrical engineering experience
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
relocation benefit is offered for this role. Candidates must live within
Ontario to be considered
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• A Professional Engineer (P.Eng) License
• 8 years of electrical experience
• Knowledgeable of Eaton Electrical products, services and competitors
• Ability to influence technical specifications in a manner that will put Eaton in an advantageous position when opportunities are tendered.
• Ability to assist with technical and application support for Eaton’s utility solutions.
• Skillful at leading teams, consensus building and mentoring.
• Initiative and self-management skills.
• Value selling experience.
• Presentation and training skills.
• Understanding of selling techniques and Eaton’s capabilities.
• Technical knowledge regarding the application of Eaton’s utility solutions.
• Proficient on some or all of the following: power distribution and reliability products and application, power monitoring products and application, power control products and applications.
• Demonstrated ability to interface with utility standards engineers, electrical consultant principals and lead electrical engineers.
• Possess knowledge of products, markets, channels, and associated applications.
• Ability to travel throughout Canada 50% of the time, as well as periodic international travel.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometres of Mississauga, ON, Canada facility will be considered.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
information may be found at:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time