Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Construction Safety Representative
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems (EESS) division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
- Help lead the organization to a goal of zero workplace injuries and incidents
- Ensure the uniform adherence to electrical product installation, start up and commissioning methods, providing coaching and direct assistance to resolve technical challenges and application issues
- Assist with incident management aspects, including but not limited to: reporting, investigation, and corrective/preventive actions
- Assist with identifying safety risks areas and developing short term and long term strategies to address them
- Coordinate/Perform Annual Employee required safety training and additional training to meet local leaderships specific safety needs
- Consult with leaders to assist with identifying and developing local safety initiatives.
- Support and mentor construction project employees by having the ability to demonstrate how to perform the work safely
- Support local leadership teams in implementing and reviewing customer safety requirements
- Interface directly with government and customer groups.
- Serve as a resource to the operations by staying relevant and informed on construction safety, industry and technical related topics.
- Coordinate/assist with site monthly safety meetings, provide details of updates to safety program, changes, and develop safety topics
- Support site safety contacts in maintaining and driving a culture of continuous improvement for safety
- Perform construction project safety audits for local Eaton office, vehicle, and customer sites using the 5S platform to drive a safe work place environment
- Spends 10% of time administering and developing construction safety protocols and best practice documents and procedures for Project Ops, Major Projects and Energy Solutions.
- Spends 50% of time assisting in the creation of site specific safety plans and job hazard analysis, rigging plans, reviewing site specific safety plans and job hazard analysis, and auditing sites.
- Spends 15% of time organizing, developing and executing of training programs relevant to internal safety compliance and relevant to external safety compliance with on-going contracts.
- Spends 25% of time auditing jobsites for Safety Compliance
- Act as liaison between National Operations, Major Project and the division safety team to ensure construction safety practices are uniform between the divisions.
- Create best practice construction safety documents relevant to our delivery mechanisms.
- Initiate and keep track of lessons learned for incorporation into the construction safety protocols and best practice documents.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives as required to ensure documents, procedures, and tools are kept current, efficient, and effective.
- Coordinate with the EESS National Safety Council
- Conduct training as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in environmental health and safety in the Industrial, Utility construction industry OR electrical major project installations.
- No relocation will be provided. Candidate must reside with a remote office in the United States.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Minimum of 10 years of Industrial & Utility construction experience
- Project Management or Construction Management
- Familiar with Army Corps of Engineers EM385-1-1 safety manual
- Arc Flash qualified
- Experience with electrical industry projects
- Safety certifications: Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Trained Supervisor (STS), Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- OSHA 500 Hour Construction Safety and Health
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA 1926 Regulations
- Advanced knowledge of EM385-1-1 Safety and Health Requirements Manual or other equivalent customer safety guidelines
- US Army Corp of Engineers Safety Experience
- Knowledge of environmental and situational safety hazards that may exist on construction project job sites.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical equipment.
- Previous experience delivering informative/instructional presentations to field based and management level employees.
- Ability to development and oversight of company policies, procedures, programs and standards for construction related activities within Eaton’s Projects Group
- Ability to develop and implement construction safety plans for a wide range of customers including but not limited to Industrials, Petrochem, Utility, Commercial and Government.
- Strong knowledge and experience in civil, structural, mechanical, building and electrical construction.
- Establishes and implements construction and facility site Hazard Identification and Resolution process. Oversees safety hazard analyses. Reports unacceptable hazards and ensures follow-up with closure of hazards.
- Responsible for investigating and preparing reports of employee injuries.
- Assists other safety department staff members with duties as necessary or when requested by the department manager
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Computer Skills in Microsoft Office, Excel & Power Point.
- Familiar with State/Provincial regulations (NFPA,OSHA,CSA)
- Ability to demonstrate writing safety checklist and procedures
- Willing to travel 75% of the time
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time