Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst - IT
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our Information Platform Architecture (IPACOE) to provide day to day and project support for Oracle Applications that includes but not limited to :
- patch analysis and deployment, cloning and database tuning
- Support and administration of web and application servers
- Support and administration of Oracle LDAP infrastructures
- Support data center operations, monitoring, backup, recovery, cloning and security
- Develops and maintains database and application administration processes and documentation
- Maintains the integrity of the database and application environments
- Initiate continuous improvement initiatives within the team and Enterprise
- Provide on call support as per assigned schedule. This position requires active involvement in a 24x7 on call rotation and resolving issues that come into the group work queue
- Communicate to stakeholders via standard methods (e.g. orally, email, ticket system)
This position requires active involvement in a 24x7 on call rotation and resolving issues that come into the group work queue.
- Requires a four year college degree in computer science or related degree
- Requires overall 5+ years of experience with at least three year of hands-on Oracle E-Business DBA experience contributing to the successful change management and production support of mission critical databases in a medium to large environment.
- Must have PL/SQL or SQL Programming knowledge
- Knowledge of PL/SQL, SQL, database triggers, stored procedures, UNIX and Linux shell scripting
- Must have experience of month-end supports.
- Understanding of E-Business Suite administration tools and practices, version 11i ,R12 and 12.2.
- Understanding of 10g /11g and 12c database administration tools and practices.
- Experience in working with Oracle Enterprise Manager for monitoring and other OEM Packs utilization
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite Administration - configuration, maintenance, tuning, patching, and cloning.
- Experience with Oracle Database Administration - configuration, maintenance, database and SQL tuning, backups, disaster recovery, patching, database and file system space management
- Ability to solve problems, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to peers and customers
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Strong customer focus with the ability to meet or exceed customer service levels.
- Experience in the following areas is must have :
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Automatic Storage Management
- Real Application Cluster
- Data Guard
- Performance diagnostics and tuning
- Oracle WebLogic
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Basic Knowledge of below areas could be a plus :
- Golden Gate
- MS SQL Server
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time