Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Utility Sales Specialist
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division is seeking a Utility Sales Specialist. The Utility Sales Specialist can be based out of one of the following Eaton locations: Phoenix, AZ; Tucson, AZ; or Denver, CO (Littleton, CO).
The Utility Sales Specialist has responsibility to achieve an assigned sales
quota consistent with expectations of a seasoned professional sales engineer.
This position has the primary responsibility to manage and coordinate the sales
effort within the customer/distributor base assigned.
The Utility Sales Specialist will sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in a targeted Market Area. Extensive knowledge of the Market area is a must for this opportunity. The position’s primary objective is to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin. Specific functions include: Drive increase in sales in the marketplace. Manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers. Develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota. Develop and implement sales plans and be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to product divisions. Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company employees to assure customer satisfaction. Manage expense allowances and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines, and use sound business judgment to enhance margins
- Support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management
- Ensure that accurate information flows to and from customers
- Implement new product programs as needed
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
- Provide necessary reports requested by management in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of electrical industry sales experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the following Eaton locations: Phoenix, AZ; Tucson, AZ; or Littleton, CO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 + years of electrical industry sales experience
- Strong work ethic, great interpersonal skills, competitiveness, and willingness to learn, as well as be adept at building relationships
- Knowledge of Power Distribution and control products, market knowledge, established customer relationships within the market area
- Good time management, presentation/training skills, planning skills, value added selling, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time