Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton in Rumford, RI is hiring for a Quality Engineer.
This position is responsible for developing and monitoring inspection techniques necessary to meet print requirements, driving root cause and corrective action related to internal and external quality performance, supporting facility internal and external quality related audits, and providing technical direction to production and inspection staff.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Review Engineering drawings and changes to assure that they are properly addressed in internal processing and inspection.
- Respond to customer corrective action requests including full root cause analysis, determination of permanent corrective actions, and implementation and follow-up of corrective actions.
- Monitor manufacturing processes and methods to assure maintenance of in-process quality levels and to prevent quality problems driving and facilitating problem solving activity as required
- Partner with Quality, Process Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Operations to establish robust manufacturing process controls using Process Flow, PFMEA, and Process Control Plans to ensure reliable, repeatable and capable processes.
- Ensure compliance with the specified customer, industry, and government requirements.
- Investigate and resolve internal and external product quality problems.
- Review rejected hardware to determine cause and corrective action.
- Suggest process and/or design changes to improve production rates and/or yield.
- Maintain accurate records to comply with company and customer record retention requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or graduating this Spring 2018.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Rumford, RI.
- Detailed knowledge of Aerospace product, manufacturing processes, and inspection techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of the latest ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) specifications per ASMEY14.5M.
- Knowledge of machining, gauging, SPC and APQP.
- Experienced knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and product/process auditing techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of AS9102 First Article requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of problem-solving techniques – Root Cause Analysis, 8D Corrective Action Process and FMEA.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills,
- Experience in Microsoft computer applications.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Familiarity with blueprints and material specifications.
- Training in and/or working knowledge of Quality Systems (i.e. ISO, NADCAP, AS, and FAA
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No