Eaton’s Vehicle Division is seeking a Supply Chain Management Intern to be located in Galesburg, MI for Summer 2018.
This role will support the development of materials management strategies aligned with the division goals and deploy these strategies for new product launches. Areas of focus may include packaging, logistics, trade compliance, inventory management, ERP systems management, and internal materials flow. Additionally, the student in this role will be responsible for using our tools to track finished goods returnable dunnage in order or increase the frequency of returns from Eaton’s customers and ensure uninterrupted supply for production. This position also focuses on continuous improvement and assignment goals may be adjusted based on the interests of, and input from, the student coupled with current business priorities.
1. Maintain customer rack tracking sheet and deploy the tool to plants and CSRs to allow for proactive management of customer returns.
2. Support materials goals and initiatives (packaging approval, on-time launch without premium freight, optimum inventory and logistics, safe materials handling) and execute related tasks for the Procision product launch.
3. Act as liaison between materials and manufacturing functions and the UltraShift PLUS PV project team to prepare for the NAFTA launch.
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering at an accredited institution.
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
• GPA of 3.00 or better required
• Previous internships or co-ops in Materials or SCM preferred
• Leadership in school or community organizations preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time