Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lighting Applications Manager
Eaton’s Ephesus Lighting business located in Syracuse, NY has an opening for a Lighting Applications Manager. This position oversees all lighting design efforts for the business, leading a group of Lighting Design Technicians. Responsibilities include managing the procurement of best in class lighting design layouts for all projects (stadiums, arenas, parks, etc.) to support the pre and post sales teams.
This will be a home based position that can be located throughout the US.
Eaton's Lighting Division is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and resources they need to meet the challenges of the future. Eaton’s Ephesus Lighting designs and manufactures high-output LED lighting and control solutions for challenging applications in the industrial and sporting markets. Ephesus is focused on innovating advanced LED solutions that will enrich and illuminate the world by creating brighter, more vibrant and more sustainable environments. Recent successes include NFL stadiums (Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons), MLB stadiums (Texas Rangers) and NHL arenas (Nashville Predators, Ottawa Senators) as well as a wide variety of collegiate, municipal and industrial installation.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction for our photometric design team
- Ensure the photometrics team meets the daily requirements of our internal and external customers through prioritization and delegation of assignments
- Develop best in class lighting layouts, BIM models, renderings, and line art for all standard and custom lighting products to support marketing and sales of lighting products with input from engineers, sales team and customers during the project
- Read and interpret building layout drawings and CAD files and analyze using photometric software (AGI32)
- Provide recommendations on fixtures and levels of lighting necessary for optimum illumination in a given area with the fewest possible lighting fixtures
- Communicate with applications engineers, sales representatives, and project managers to obtain all information necessary to create an accurate layout and keep stakeholders informed of submittal requests statuses
- Analyze new product data and equipment for incorporation into design specifications
- Provide product application guidance, training, support, and recommendations to internal customers
- Work with vendors on design procurement ensuring technical requirements and specifications are being met
- Maintain and update the CAD, BIM, and photometric file databases as well as develop procedures and guidelines to ensure databases are maintained to CAD, BIM, and photometric industry standards
- Review custom submittals concepts with the Program Management Director
- Provide in-field support to customers as required for product implementation
- Advise on improvement opportunities to all software used by the photometric team, including AGI32
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Working knowledge AutoCAD and SolidWorks (or equivalent solid-modeling software) preferred
- Experience with IESNA guidelines and lighting design best practices
- Able to read/interpret architectural drawings and schematics
- Minimum of 5 years of lighting design and/or lighting layout experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Experience in BIM modeling, preferably in Autodesk REVIT.
- Experience in designing and detailing, preferably in Autodesk Inventor
- Experience in modeling in rendering software such as 3D-Viz
- Experience working in a publishing software, preferably in Adobe Suite
- Experience in photometric software (AGI 32)
- Experience in project management
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time