Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assembly Technician II (MEF - 1st Shift)
Eaton has an opening for an Assembly Technician II on 1st shift in the MEF department in Greenwood, SC.
Perform assembly, wire, fit and modification work involved in the manufacture of medium and high voltage, indoor and outdoor assemblies, breaker and auxiliary compartments, breakers, renewal parts of assemblies or breakers, customer service orders, power modules and any sub-assemblies associated with these. Identify and collect needed materials for kits, when required, and assemble and prepare for shipment.
- Assemble, adjust or repair using hand and air tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and measuring devices assemblies and sub-assemblies of a repetitive and/or non-repetitive nature as required.
- Fill out ISO checklists, quality checklists, customer checklists, feedback forms, and production lists for supervision, drafting, customer service, and engineering as required.
- Mount and install electrical equipment. Perform wire operations as required.
- May be necessary to communicate with customers during customer inspections of assemblies.
- Receive, pick, label, pack and prepare for shipment, all material and assemblies.
- Maintain minimum levels of Kanban inventory and report shortages to appropriate operators.
- Inspect all assemblies for loose or missing hardware and cleanliness.
- Respond to change notices, customer requested adjustments and development needs.
- Assist engineering, drafting, and supervision with customer initiated development work.
- Work to manufacturing information, drawings, sketches, written or oral instructions from supervision and to established procedures.
- Make adjustments and modifications to assemblies to assure proper operation.
- Occasionally perform development work on non-repetitive units.
- Identify special or non-standard conditions and notify supervision.
- Ensure all nuclear breakers and parts meet all nuclear requirements (VCP).
- Assist NSD during witness testing of nuclear breakers.
- Request shipping releases using appropriate AMS transactions and maintain shipping records.
- Receive and stock incoming material and pick parts for assembly.
- Pack, crate, and tape finished product according to instructions and prepare for shipping.
- Use material handling equipment, including powered industrial vehicles, to move product and supplies. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- May travel to customer site to assist with installation of equipment. Interacts and coordinates activity with customer needs.
- Assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions
- Observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed. Maintain a clean orderly and safe workplace.
- All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (60 miles) will be considered for this position (with exception of internal candidates currently assigned to one of our Greenwood, SC sites)
- Minimum 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 months of experience using hand and air tools
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No