Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Continuous Improvement Manager
- As a member of the plants leadership team, this highly motivated individual, works with the entire team to lead the development and implementation of the sites Continuous Improvement strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities.
- Provides site Lean and Six Sigma training and mentoring.
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of the tools in a learning environment, while also capable of deploying the tools in order to create value for the site.
- Conducts Eaton Lean System (ELS) assessments and identifies performance gaps. Works through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
- Provides Operational Assessment (Op A) support across the organization to drive short-term and long-term business improvements.
- Have fun, while learning, educating and deploying the tools.
- Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- Works through site leadership to lead the site Continuous Improvement Council and corporate Lean initiatives and reporting.
- Assists in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating RIEs, Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
- Leads in the development of methods and practices to reduce manufacturing variation and support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- Analyzes organizational metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
- Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- Manages plant cost-out activities.
- Drives complete employee engagement and enhancement of problem-solving knowledge at all levels.
- Build Organizational Capability by hiring and developing CI leaders, participates in annual development plans and provides input on organization capability/succession planning sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in continuous improvement manufacturing operations.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification.
- Prior work experience in different functions is preferred to ensure this CI Manager sees the linkages between functions, impact of functional decisions downstream and how multiple functions work within a value stream.
- Demonstrated experience in Lean and Six Sigma manufacturing methodology, techniques and roadmaps.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in continuous improvement methods, strategic management, project management and an ability to have fun while successfully deploying the tools.
- Excellent communication skills, proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software applications like MS Office suite, Minitab, Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support plant competencies.
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams across the organization.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time