Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Drafter (Lead Designer)
Prepare complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretation to the general order (CAD).
Analyze and interpret customer inquiries relating to assemblies, during the engineering and manufacturing phases.
Develop special layout and sketches for engineering tests to determine the acceptance applications, operating characteristics, or performance of components of assemblies.
Prepare necessary information to ensure efficient and timely material procurement, manufacturing testing, and installation of assemblies.
Compile data required for project assignments and develop specifications, reports, and other related written documents as required.
Maintain contact with manufacturing personnel to review and discuss diagrams, modifications, adjustments, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment.
Contact engineer to verify circuit operation or to suggest methods to correct errors.
Assist and train new employees in all aspects of electrical drafting and testing; recommend technical methods or approaches for them in order to increase their overall quality, timeliness, and productivity.
Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
Provide input and feedback for continuous improvement of processes and systems.
Perform other related duties as required.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in company-related projects, activities, or other job-related assignments.
- Associate’s degree in Industrial Electronics or Electronic Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- AutoCAD experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time