Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mechanical Drafter (Lead Designer)
- Prepare complex layouts, coordination bus connection details, sketches, 3-D models, flat files, and drawings using CAD 3D models or various other computer programs and software, relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretations of the general order.
- Analyze and interpret customer inquiries to assemblies during the negotiation and manufacturing phases of the assemblies production.
- Develop special layout and sketches for engineering tests to determine the acceptance application, operating characteristics, or performance of components of the assemblies.
- Prepare necessary information to ensure efficient and timely material procurement, manufacturing information, and installation of assemblies.
- Produce and load product structure bills of material into business system computer.
- Compile data required for project assignments and develop specifications, reports, and other related written documents as required.
- Assist in the assembly of fabrication of prototype parts and models.
- Maintain contact with manufacturing personnel to review and discuss manufacturing information, modifications, adjustments, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment .
- Maintain contact with customers, customer representatives to resolve problems as needed, and on site with the customer as necessary.
- Provide guidance to and assist and train less experienced drafters in all aspects of mechanical drafting; recommend technical methods or approaches for these personnel in order to increase their overall quality, timeliness, and productivity.
- Provide input and feedback for continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
- One (1) year of experience preparing complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretation.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in company-related projects, activities, or other job-related assignments.
- Associate’s degree in Drafting or Engineering Graphics Technology from an accredited institution
- Experience in computer drafting software packages (i.e. CAD, Inventor, and/or SolidWorks)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time