Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Sales Specialist - Filtration
- Provide timely, effective and economical filter application recommendations and operational advice to customers and market channel partners to assist in meeting group sales goals and in assuring filter performance viability.
- Develop and produce professional proposal packages for systems sales to enable fast, accurate and comprehensive response to customer inquiries.
- Reviews commercial and technical requirements of proposals, advising customer of conflicts and makes recommendations for changes. Elevates outstanding conflicts with potential order loss to management for review and further definition.
- Perform in-house and field training on filter sizing, pricing, application and function to help in the development of market channels’ filter system knowledge and image of permanent solutions providers.
- Assist Sales & Marketing and the Company’s overall effectiveness and efficiency through active participation in individual or team project assignments.
- Continually looks for improvements in processes and procedures that will ultimately improve the quotation turn-around time and improve the quality of the quotation, with the ultimate goal of improving hit rate and generating more business.
- Keep job skills and market knowledge current through participation in field study, outside educational opportunities and industry affiliations to provide maximum value to our customers, the Sales Group and the Company.
- Provide leadership to the engineering team to support the market development and sales teams sustain current and pursue new customers.
- Responsible for tracking quotation wins and losses, using the information to determine changing market pricing for primary product line with the ultimate goal of increased business.
- Work closely with the Marketing Group on product brochures and literature as well as assisting with the development of promotions and obtaining market information on primary product line.
- Work closely with Engineering on new product launches and product modifications and becoming familiar with Pro Launch as a means to bringing new ideas and products to market.
- Responsible for setting prices for inclusion in the annual price book.
- Prepare quarterly reports on product line performance, including but not limited to Wins/Losses, average price/margin per product, historical performance results, trends in the market place, new product suggestions and strategic placement of product.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
A minimum of 2 Year's work experience working in a manufacturing environment, process industry, or technical sales.
Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Tinton Falls, NJ or Galesburg, MI to be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- 5 year's experience with technical terms and mechanical or chemical process.
- 2 year's providing commercial capabilities to cost custom engineered systems.
- 2 year's experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical sales information, specifications, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental or legal regulations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time