- Deliver aggressive annual cost savings, while enhancing safety & product quality, through creation, optimization, and standardization of components, processes, and modules/sub-assemblies
- Maintenance of line for assigned product(s). Includes updating standard bill of Material (BOM/drawings/models) and issuing of Engineering Change Notifications( ECN’s) & Product Directives as required; Regularly audit existing BOM’s to proactively validate & enhance accuracy
- Determine manufacturing methods and machine or line loading to produce parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies for new products or customer orders requiring extensive planning consistent with overall division objectives
- Identification, approval, and implementation of process & product improvements to reduce cost & improve quality for assigned product(s)
- Instruct and train manufacturing personnel on new or revised manufacturing methods & equipment, and aid in resolution of daily Production technical challenges
- Contribute to development & maintenance of front-end automation tools (DA, MI, etc) to maximize Order Engineering efficiency & error-proofing
- Support Lean, Six Sigma, and Pro Launch through the creation & maintenance of Process Maps, Standard Work, Takt Times, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Design of Experiments, Control Plans, and Workstation Risk Assessments for assigned product line(s)
- Estimate time required to manufacture all parts for a product line or a section, based on the most economical methods, through manufacturing planning and in conjunction with methods, tools, work, plant layouts, and design engineering
- Compile complete cost analyses for a product line or section based on extension of hourly rates, burden and material costs, cost of new machine tools and the handling of equipment, leveraging Lean tools to systematically eliminate waste/cost. This includes specifications for such items as layouts, tooling, machine tools, and material
- Recommend replacement and disposition of equipment and facilities, as required, and maintain applicable records
- Assist Customer Engineering Design in the implementation of new products, where required
- Take necessary measures to improve the quality of product and information in the respective area of responsibility
- Operational Excellence
- Comply with EQS (Eaton Quality System) policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement (Eaton Lean System).
- Comply with ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
- Strive for EBE (Eaton Business Excellence).
- Implement Lean manufacturing at a departmental level through the use of lean tools and philosophies.
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Work in compliance with the Act and regulations as well Company Health & Safety policies and programs
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the Company
- Employee Relations
- Communicate with administrative, plant and supervisory staff as required.
- Perform overtime as necessary in accordance with both Company policy and legislative requirements.
- Comply with Eaton’s Ethical and Harassment Policies.
- Provide and/or participate in training as required.
- Comply with Company rules, regulations and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Act as team player and participate in department and/or plant committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required in manufacturing engineering capacity
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- No Relocation. Candidates must currently reside within an 80km radius of the Milton, ON facility.
- Bachelors in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electro-Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Prior technical experience with Low Voltage Power Distribution Products
- Proven ability to design-for-manufacturing in an Engineered-to-Order environment
- Highly proficient user of Autodesk Inventor 2013 or equivalent 3D Modelling software; Demonstrated proficiency with PC and related software, including MS Office Suite; MetaCAM
- Programming experience
- Training and Experience with Lean and Six Sigma Tools; Six Sigma Green or Black belt
- Strong technical acumen, paired with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including a keen understanding of common sheet-metal forming/fabrication techniques & ability to inspire a shared vision
- Experience using and interpreting the Canadian Electrical Code, and applicable CSA & UL Standards
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to lead projects/teams and consistently achieve results through self & others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong analytical skills & methodical, objective, approach to problem solving
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No