Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Inside Sales Representative
Eaton Electrical Division North American Sales (NAS) organization is seeking an Inside Sales Representative. The Inside Sales Representative will be based at our Boise, ID, Spokane, WA, or Kennewick, WA location.
The primary function of an Inside Sales Representative (ISR) role will be to support management, outside sales engineers and internal/external customers in providing effective solutions to challenging problems involving technical, service, and commercial issues in the Eaton Electrical Sales Division. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: closing orders based upon expertise developed in selling skills and technical knowledge, selling abilities to position Eaton Electrical into preferred position in market and customer activity, providing technical knowledge regarding products/services, negotiating & pricing industrial and construction projects. This role also sells assigned product lines to targeted customers in designated geography or industry with the objective of optimizing sales volume, product mix, and profit margin. The ISR provides technical product support for distributors and other duties that may be assigned by the Area Sales Manager.
The Inside Sales Representative is to act as a technical and commercial resource to field sales, customers and distributors for quotations and project management of power distribution, power protection, and power equipment maintenance; including electrical solutions from complex custom industrial and commercial assembly applications to residential components. Serve the needs of many customer market segments including: Commercial Construction, Industrial, Machinery OEM's, Panel Builder & Electrical OEM's, Residential and Utility.
The primary functions include; accurate and timely plan and specification interpretation, quotation and technical support; communication with customers, warehouse and plants to facilitate problem resolution; proactive identification of sales potential and follow up to secure orders.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications. Determine the minimum bill of material, most competitive price level and shipment cycle within the market segment pertaining to each specific negotiation
- Proactively facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedures for resolution
- Coordinate warranty and non-warranty repairs and returns, which include shipping issues or service requests
- Project manage small to medium projects on as needed basis
- Establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers (internal and external) by effectively employing the highest level of skills with regard to the art of salesmanship, application engineering, product knowledge, knowledge of customers business and organization and knowledge of Eaton product lines strategic plans for sales growth
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of electrical distribution or control experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience or exposure to a manufacturing organization
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Electrical experience with low to medium voltage systems
- Commercial experience
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only