Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
New Product Development Buyer
Commodity Strategy Development/Sourcing
• Fully understand Eaton and its customer requirements and effectively flow these to strategic sourcing group for creation and execution including grow, maintain, and exit supplier strategies.
• Define and evaluate supplier performance requirements including quality, cost and timing expectations with cross-functional teams.
• Support or lead execution of commercial agreement to reach lowest total cost including terms to mitigate economic and currency fluctuations as appropriate for assigned commodities. Example – long-term agreements, make/buy, market tests, etc.
• Develop expertise on procurement of commodities related to hydraulic and pneumatic products and components that support Aerospace requirements.
• Prepare, analyze, and make sourcing selections using RFQ and documentation to capture requirements (part numbers, drawings/specifications, volumes) and contract terms consistent with commodity strategy.
Issue purchase orders in MRP system to suppliers.
• Coordinate and co-lead supplier quality, capacity, and development meetings with supplier quality and other internal customers to improve supplier performance.
• Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements (production, aftermarket, MRO) and planning information to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials.
• Update and maintain purchase orders in MRP system for changes in design and delivery requirements.
• Drive the process to eliminate waste in the value chain through the use of Kaizen, Lean Deployment, Total Cost Management, Quality Operating Systems, Cost Tables, etc.
• Negotiate and mitigate economic increases, production/development piece prices, design changes, NRE, and tooling costs, expedite costs, and cancellation costs
• Resolve supplier payment issues with suppliers
• Identify and execute cost reduction workplans with suppliers and cross-functional teams
• Perform all other duties as directed by Purchasing Manager or Supply Chain Manager
• Develop and present training to internal customers
• Collaborate with peers and management to determine key goals and objectives, and corresponding metrics, to be completed during a determined period (usually one year). Review and amend these actions as appropriate. Focus on timely achievement of these goals and objectives.
• Improve internal and external customer satisfaction
• Create new and revise existing procurement and cross-functional processes to accomplish best-practice
• Record Management - Perform clerical duties to maintain Purchasing files in accordance with policies and retention guidelines.
• Comply with Supply Chain and Purchasing procedures and ISO requirements
• Be prepared to work some extended hours, when necessary, to complete a task
- BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or other related field
- Minimum 5 years purchasing/procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA will be considered for this position.
Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding purchasing, logistics, incoming product inspection and inventory control
Demonstrated commodity strategy development skills
Demonstrated use of negotiated techniques and tactics
Ability to communicate – writing, technical writing, presentation, and verbal skills
Demonstrated ability to work well with others
Demonstrated ability to participate and lead a cross-functional team,
Ability to logically solve problems and to keep projects moving in an orderly and structured fashion
Strong project management skills to include leading cross functional teams and outside suppliers to resolve problems to meet production schedule.
- CPM or equivalent certification, a plus
Use of and deployment of electronic purchasing systems (eRFQ), VMI, and consignment, a plus
Aerospace, hydraulic, pneumatic and/or machined parts manufacturing, engineering, cost, and/or procurement requirements knowledge/experience
Proficiency with computers including MS Office and MRP systems.
Familiarity/experience with lean manufacturing, Kaizen events, and continuous improvement techniques (i.e. RCCA,
Six Sigma methodology), a plus
Familiarity/experience with SPC principles and methods, a plus
Working knowledge of ISO-9001, AS9100 a plus
APICs training/certification, a plus
Preferred experience of 10 years in purchasing/procurement in an Aerospace manufacturing environment supporting direct materials such as complex machine components, LRUs, Servo Valves, castings, forgings, and various hydraulic assemblies.
Experience with Purchase Order justification for awards and pricing analysis to ensure government compliance to include passing CPSR audits and other requirements
Strong leadership ability to help other team members and provide guidance and support.
Ability to read blueprints and specification and has the ability to understand and interpret various quality and contractual requirements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time