Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton has an opening for an Engineering Technician at its Omaha, NE facility.
The primary function of the Engineering Technician is to assist in the engineering of Medium Voltage Switchgear while improving productivity within the engineering team in support of the goals established by the Omaha Power Center. This is accomplished by executing various front end functions from creation of job folders, drawing quality checks, process audits, maintenance of drawing files, quality audits, shop training and warranty resolutions.
- Create job folders for incoming customer orders and enter job data into plant schedule and Vista.
- Modify drawings/MIs, schematics and wiring diagrams for shop personnel to assemble Omaha Power Center product lines (electrical and mechanical design using AutoCAD).
- Perform all applicable POM uploads and changes
- Assist Engineering in inspection of equipment during production. Items to include: panels and components, omissions, damage, proper electro-mechanical functionality and appearance.
- Assist Engineering team and testers to determine cause and report findings of issues discovered during test.
- Support PAE and Tester to assure successful customer Witness Tests.
- Work closely with Engineers, Testers and Production Leads to ensure continuous application of quality control standards to products and work processes. Promote continuous quality improvement.
- Assist in supporting warranty resolutions as requested.
- Perform schematic to wiring diagram drawing checks.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive ability, and analytical problem solving aptitude with individuals and groups to facilitate process improvements within teams
- Assist in Manufacturing Technician training and instruction, to include reading and trouble-shooting schematics wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Work with engineering and shop to resolve technical issues and review released shop drawings.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in engineering or manufacturing setting OR currently in school to obtain a degree in an engineering discipline
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefits provided – must currently reside within 50 miles from Omaha, NE to be considered.
- Associates Degree in Engineering
- Working Experience with CAD
- Understanding of Electrical Switchgear
- Knowledge of Eaton applications
- Background in Electrical Systems
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Microsoft office
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No