Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Laser Operator - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is seeking a Laser Operator-3rd shift. This role is at the Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Laser Machine Operator is responsible for the daily operation of the laser machine, including moving necessary materials to and from the machine and routine maintenance of the machine.
- The position of Laser Operator requires candidate to load appropriate materials onto laser table and perform laser cutting operations effectively and efficiently per specifications, work instructions, schedules and drawings.
- Operator will complete tasks for laser operation while applying standard practices; perform set-up and operation on laser; use steel gauge to validate thickness of appropriate materials loaded for specific job orders; load correct materials and unload all parts; use precision instruments to check tolerances and visually check quality of parts.
- Ability to stop and ask for clarification if not understanding job instructions or work orders; ensure a clean hand-off of good quality product to next operation; keep work area clean and provide a safe environment of area for self and others.
- Required to use forklift and crane, forklift and crane experience a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints along with understanding verbal and written instructions, schedules, documents and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret measuring devices (such as tape measure and/or calipers); ability to troubleshoot minor program errors independently; work under little supervision.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses w/side shields, ear plugs or other hearing protection, steel-toed boots w/meta-tarsals, gloves, and any other PPE and follow safe manufacturing and material handling practices as required.
- Must be able to lift up to and including 50 LBS with and/or without assistance; bend, twist, grab, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, use both hands to lift and lower materials and perform all other essential duties as required.
- Must possess basic math skills to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- A high school diploma or GED form an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation benefits not included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be considered
- Must be able to understand standard shop specifications (shop drawings, process sheets, measuring equipment etc).
- Experience in the safe operation of various types of material handling equipment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No