Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Welder - Leak Tester - 2nd Shift
Eaton Power Systems has a Welder/Leak Tester- 2nd shift opening in Waukesha, WI (Badger Dr.)
Prep tanks for leak testing, ensure tanks are leak proof by air/soap test or zyglo/black light, patch tanks using weld electrode, apply required studs, ensure cleanliness of the inside of tanks, remove tanks from line or lead tester and palletize, give cursory final quality check.
- Plugs tank orifices in preparation for leak testing.
- Operates hydraulic leak test machine.
- Pressurizes tank, applies soap to locate leaks, patches leaks with weld electrode.
- Applies required studs using electric stud welding gun, using proper procedure.
- Uses crane to take tank off line or leak test machine and palletizes.
- Ensures cleanliness of inside of tanks by sweeping down the inside of the frontplate, then using the vacuum to remove debris.
- Gives finished tank a cursory inspection to ensure tank meets customer visual requirements; i.e. weld splatter scrapped, loose dirt, and normal weldments and punchings.
- Obvious non-conformances will be documented on a Material Reject Tag (MRT) and tank will be set aside to be returned to the original welder for re-work
- Must have completed High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of welding experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within (50 miles) of facility will be considered for this position.
- Associates degree or certification in robotic welding
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Successfully complete Eaton’s Cooper Power Systems weld test (TIG).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No