Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
APQP Quality Engineer
Standard Transition Process (STP) teams. The position is responsible for completing all project deliverables assigned to
the Manufacturing APQP Quality function, including standard AIAG Advanced Product Quality Planning documents. This
role works to ensure AIAG requirements for Advanced Product Quality. Specific responsibilities include:
- Core team member on PROLaunch NPD and STP teams.
- Lead APQP Deliverables as assigned on each NPD or STP team, including the following examples: Special
Characteristics determination, PFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, Customer Requirements, Eaton Manufacturing PPAP,and
Early Production Containment.
- Act as the quality APQP lead on PROLaunch teams.
- Act as the representative of the entire Quality function on the PROLaunch NPD and STP teams, functionally direct
additional quality resources only as required to support the projects: Supplier Quality Engineers, Customer Quality
Support, Region Quality Manager, Plant Quality Manager and Engineers, etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams on projects to improve the APQP compliance on current products, across multiple
manufacturing plants. Examples include Special Characteristic capability improvement, standardization of methods for
APQP documents, such as PFMEA and Control Plans, or standardization on approaches, such as MSA and PPAP.
- Participate as a Quality Management System (QMS) Fresh Eyes auditor each year.
Qualifications- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, manufacturing, or quality
from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing-based organization
- Self-motivated individual who is highly organized and capable of collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve
assigned projects and tasks
- Understanding of AIAG tools, statistical tools, and analysis
- Problem Solving
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA)MSA
- Process Capability
- Control Plans
- Gage Plans
- Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time