Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machinist II (2nd Shift)
- Work from drawings, specifications, programs, setup instructions, data, and schedule
- Set up, adjust, prove out programs, and operate machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to exacting tolerances
- Work from programming, operational data, setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements, fixtures, and material clamping methods
- Setup machine calibration and console settings for operations such as boring, milling, drilling, facing, threading, and occasional profiling and contouring
- Calibrate and operate onboard measurement probes to establish work coordinate
- Operate Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) to verify part quality
- Arrange, mount, and secure tooling in machine rack. Magazine or turrets, mount, align and secure holding fixture or locate, support and clamp work piece in absence of holding fixtures, set stops, calibrate fixture or work piece to material reference point
- Upload and download program files from DNC and/or other media storage devices
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Minimum of 1 year direct CNC experience
- Experience with reading blueprints, including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD & T)
- Experience with shop math for machinist (inch to metric conversion, addition / subtraction of decimals and fractions, etc.)
- Experience with gauging concepts and techniques (calipers, height gages, micrometers, profilometer, roundness gages, plug gages, air gages, dial depth gages, etc.)
- Courses in mechanical drawing, shop mathematics and machining practices
- Basic cutting tool knowledge (knowing when to change drills, reamers, inserts, etc.)
- The ability to perform Machine Preventative Maintenance (changing filters, coolant concentration management and monitoring oil levels)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico