Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s North America Truck Group is seeking a Production Supervisor for 2nd Shift. The Production Supervisor will be based at our Kings Mountain, NC facility.
Direct departmental activities and initiate/participate in cross-functional activities to accomplish the objectives of safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery, and continuous improvement; which focuses on removing cost from the business.
- Apply and reinforce all Environmental, Health and Safety (MESH) initiatives
- Manage department operations and prioritize production requirements
- Facilitate shift activity among other department supervisors
- Assign daily work schedules for Business Partners
- Monitor and coach Business Partner performance regarding safety, quality and productivity.
- 6. Conduct monthly department meetings with Business Partners regarding communications, department and plant concerns, and policy interpretation.
- Provide training resources within the department for training new associates
- Create and sustain a culture of continuous improvement throughout the department, utilizing tools such as Value Stream Mapping, A3’s, 8D’s, RIEs and other EBS tools
- Reinforce process focus through process checks and daily accountability
- Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from support functions to ensure process capability & improvement through measuring and monitoring performance and root cause problem solving.
- Resolve employee issues and conflicts in accordance with Eaton’s Values and Philosophies
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius in order to be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business a plus
- 3+ years of experience in Manufacturing Leadership role
- Formal CI/Lean Training – Certification a plus
- Experience with Machining/Assembly operations
- General knowledge and practical application of leadership and management styles
- Working knowledge and experience with basic manufacturing tools such as Lean, Six-Sigma, problem solving/decision making, labor balancing and quality management systems (TS, ISO)
- Strong interpersonal skills used for the review, motivation, and development of direct reports in addition to building relationships with internal and external customers and support teams
- Demonstrated ability to leverage cross-functional resources to support manufacturing requirements.
- Strong leadership
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No