Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Drives Application Engineer
- Work with the sales organization within assigned geography to close new orders and meet sales, orders and market share growth objectives.
- Prepare recommendations, price estimates and written proposals for open and engineered (enclosed) drives with Reps, Distributors and Sales partners within their respective region.
- Identify OEM targets with product line management and perform market research, opportunity plan, make contact (cold call) and develop plan with field sales to obtain business. Make customer sales presentations with field sales personnel as required or requested.
- Conduct commercial review process for engineered product orders and facilitate resolution of discrepancies to ensure "clean order" status.
- Provide contract management of engineered product orders for assigned customer base to ensure customer satisfaction and desired margin performance.
- Assist product managers as requested with product development activities to ensure achievement of desired end results.
- Analyze cost data on standard products and shipping orders to monitor performance and take action to ensure achievement of financial objectives.
- Perform market analyses to assist with development of marketing programs and facilitate product / development planning for assigned products / territory or as directed.
- Develop and apply knowledge of drives products to improve sales support and acquire knowledge of competitive products.
- Assist and participate in the preparation of financial plans / objectives including monthly rolling forecasts, yearly profit plans and five-year strategic plans as requested.
- Direct / take action with all internal operating areas as required to meet customer commitments and the operating objectives of the business.
- Assist and participate in the development and execution of marketing and growth strategies for assigned products territory.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales engineering/application engineering role supporting electrical products OR 3 years of engineering experience designing industrial controls and/or drives.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Excellent communication, problem solving, strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, wiring schematics and specifications.
- Ability to develop quotation packages.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in electrical engineering or similar field (BSEET or BSME)
- Knowledge of motor control productions including adjustable speed drives.
- Quoting Tools experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time