Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Power Systems Principal Engineer – Modeling and Analytics
- Create innovative integrated power systems’ solutions based on breakthrough technologies, as a technical leader and as a team member.
- Lead and contribute to technology development projects and work with teams (local and remote resources) and external technology resources (Business Divisions, Universities, National Laboratories, and Utility Customers).
- Lead and support simulation and modeling of integrated power systems, provide prototypes and algorithms based on advanced data analysis applied to domain applications, as well as identifying and developing commercialization opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses.
- Championing mentorship and peer-based talent development.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed teams.
- Develop advanced models and algorithms based on domain knowledge, data analysis, and optimization methods, and apply them to improve and create new intelligent devices, solutions and services for Eaton’s businesses.
- Lead complex global technology realization programs/projects utilizing our internal PreLaunch and AgileStartsTM project execution processes including Gate Reviews, Technology Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Leads the development of and owns global technology/solution visions, compelling value propositions, and visionary technology roadmaps.
- Initiates and develops solid relationships with both engineering and business leaders within Eaton to drive strong business cases for new commercial applications and acquire needed resources and funding.
- Serve as (or support) Program Managers in the development of detailed project plans and value proposition. Lead globally diverse cross-functional project teams effectively and manage selected projects under the guidelines of our internal stage-gate process
- Influences the business strategy and associated product roadmaps as a result of technical expertise and reputation as trusted advisor.
- Leads ideation events (Innovation Summits, Design Bursts, etc.)
- Serves as Principal Investigator in government proposal preparation and/or project execution of large projects and those considered white space for Eaton
- Identifies leading external partnerships, outside technologies and best practices to bring to Eaton
- Identify, initiate and manage projects with universities and research institutes
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited institution with strong electrical power system domain knowledge.
- Minimum of 10 years of highly relevant industry experience.
- 10+ years of advanced power systems’ modeling and analytics applied work, along with track record of creating commercial value in one of the following areas: prognostics and health management, predictive modeling, and adaptive systems.
- PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent technical field from an accredited institution with strong electrical power system domain knowledge
- Proven track record in leading new technology or product introduction projects to success with multiple stakeholders in matrix organizations and strong program management skills
- Experience in building production-grade intelligent power systems’ solutions based on modeling and analytics from concept to implementation.
- Ability to reduce to practice machine learning and data analytics algorithms and apply them to create solutions to problems in electrical power systems’ domains with strong business acumen and the ability to understand and formulate compelling value proposition.
- Expert software development skills in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java/Python) and/or rapid prototyping platforms (e.g. MATLAB/SIMULINK).
- Proven track record for IP generation and publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals.
- Strong track record in successful commercialization of applied electrical power system domain knowledge with modeling and analytics to create real-world solutions.
- Able to drive strong business case with key stakeholders and create new commercial applications for Eaton
- Recognized externally as a subject matter expert. This may be evident through invitations to present a technical presentation or publish in a technical journal as SME to an audience of technical/industry peers.
- Experience developing real-world or laboratory-scale sensor-fusion, near real-time applications using rapid-prototyping devices and platforms such as Arduino, BeagleBone, National Instruments, Matlab.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time