Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Treasury Assistant and Credit Representative
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is seeking a Senior Treasury Assistant and Credit Representative. The Senior Treasury Assistant and Credit Representative will be based at our Grand Rapids, MI facility.
primary function of the Credit Representative is to manage receivables to
minimize financial risk and maximize accounts receivable collections.
- Manage a portfolio of customers averaging 200 customer accounts and $10-$15million in accounts receivable with regards to receivable collections, order review and release. This will include, but not limited to customers with special terms and conditions.
- Negotiate customer disputes to final resolution and document root cause. Suggests process improvements and proposes possible solutions, including, but not limited to reducing terms and improving work process. Analyzes reoccurring issues and take preventative actions when appropriate.
- Interfaces with internal customers such as sales/marketing, customer service, contracts, shipping and cash application to facilitate payment, resolve discrepancies, and reduce past dues.
- Retains accurate credit and collection files for audit purposes and to assist in the development of collection strategies. Maintains accurate and applicable collection notes to ensure appropriate follow up.
- Forecast and communicate the impact of aged receivables to Credit department management team.
- Actively participate in major departmental projects and leads minor departmental projects to assist in driving quality improvements, processes and initiatives.
- Provide financial support to Supply Chain and sales and Marketing personnel to control credit exposure, effect timely payment, and minimize the risk of customer disputes.
- High School Diploma from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional work experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Grand Rapids, MI facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance/Accounting is preferred.
- Business to Business Credit/Collection Experience
- Experience utilizing an online Accounts Receivable and Order Management Systems
- MS Office experience
- Prior ERP experience
- Ability to apply basic accounting principles in the interpretation of customer financial statements
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Internet, and related computer skills
- Demonstrated Effective Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrated Effective Negotiation Skills
- Effectively securing prompt payment from customers while employing commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgement
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time