Supplier Development Engineer
· Evaluate potential new suppliers and support commodity managers in selection of new suppliers.
· Support new programs from the scratch, through sourcing decision, product and process development in suppliers up to early stages of production.
· Drive process and systemic quality improvements, at assigned suppliers, to reduce quality non-conformances (DMR) and cost of poor quality.
· Detain knowledge on suppliers manufacturing process and products.
· Driving key supplier process and systemic quality improvements to contribute the supply chain cost out activity through the use of quality tools (SPC, Lean, Six Sigma) and validates improvements through defined measures to reduce quality non-conformances (DMR).
· Monitoring suppliers’ performance status (PPM and DMR). Works with suppliers and plant SQE to implement effective 8D corrective action and comprehensive performance improvement plans as required.
· Lead Quality/EHS risk assessments (QSA, SSA, and technical assessments), in support of new sourcing, to determine if a supplier’s quality system meets Eaton’s performance thresholds. Set Action Plans to fulfill gaps found on QSA assessment, support and assure implementation plan. Act on sourcing recommendation to lead risk mitigation on strategic projects.
· Participates on commodity regional commodity strategy teams and provides the quality detail required to define strategy and to support strategy implementation.
· Act as a reference for plant SQE for problem solution and acts as point of escalation to leading cross-functional teams on major supplier issues resolution.
· Performs fundamental data analysis (Quality systems, PPM, DMR) and basic statistics tool (process capability/gage capability, etc) to determine performance level of suppliers and lead performance improvement through action plans setting and implementation as required.
· Lead training of AIAG tool, as well as Eaton procedure/quality tool for suppliers;
· Act as a reference for error proofing design at design & manufacturability reviews held with Product Engineer and suppliers, prior to source selection. Drive Error Proofing culture and maintenance in suppliers.
· Drive WISPER deployment, Ensures supplier orientation, and provides WISPER training as required.
· Works in accordance with Eaton’s defined Supplier Development Procedures, Processes, and Work instructions. Participates on process/program review thru maintaining responsible commodity key matrix with Eaton global sharepoint database(APQP/CI/Focus supplier improvement)
· Lead high risk components APQP flawless launch and support middle/low risk APQP.
- Technical degree in engineering discipline, knowledge on GD&T
- >3 years machining/turning commodity experience, good knowledge of machining process/cutter/fixture, basic heat treatment knowledge.
- >5 years experience in using quality tools/methodologies(PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, auditing)
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt and/or ASQ CQE preferred;
- Knowledge of Automotive Industry specific quality registration (ISO/TS16949)
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to think strategically
- Speaks English as a primary or secondary language fluently.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time