Business Development Manager - Value Added Services
(Location: Italy OR France)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Business Development Manager, Value Added Services, you will identify and create unique, value added & innovative ideas and solutions based on internal and external customer needs across the complete Eaton range of products. This critical role includes actively supporting the EMEA Sales Organization/Customers, all Divisions & Suppliers with innovative ideas and execution to drive profitable sales growth in VAS.
You will develop relationships with target customers, develop strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets for VAS. It is expected that the role will hunt down to identify and maximize business opportunities in the target markets and then drive with passion and energy to realize those opportunities. The business today is $25m with a small team of people, but is expected to expand to >$100m in the next 3-5 years. This role is the critical driver in achieving that sales growth.
The target customer segment will be OEM/Panel builders in Europe in the first step and then expand into panel builders / other segments. Trustful partnerships need to be created with our customers to help them solve issues/challenges they have. Active support for the sales organization on generating solutions & execution is critical. The internal / external commercial pricing support and control will be a critical part of this product line and thus active engagement with the Eaton sales organization and divisions is critical for success to create a Win-Win scenario.
The VAS organization will act as a “Think Tank” to funnel creative thinking / IDEA’s from all stakeholders – this sales role is critical in filling the pipeline and hunting down these creative and innovative idea’s that will change the game for Eaton. Cost Out and Improved solutions to the customer/supplier are the main goal whilst ensuring the implementation creates the appropriate value for Eaton.
You will also lead and represent the VAS product line at international trade fairs, customer visits, conferences, networking events and relevant sales meetings.
Your key deliverables :
· Support the creation of an efficient, agile and innovative value-add-services (VAS), EMEA wide Product Line
· Actively engage with and support the needs of Eaton’s customers, sales & marketing functions (All divisions, product lines, target countries in scope)
· Support and be a key stakeholder in the creation of the marketing / promotional campaign for VAS.
· Conduct regular business reviews / customer visits focused on value creation, innovative idea’s and key performance indicators.
· Understand what the competition is doing – major tactics, organization, distribution, strategy, pricing and keep the VAS organization aware of trends and changes.
· Identify, Research and Execution on VAS specific solutions for customers - Go Beyond just product specific solutions, for example consult with stakeholders inventory reduction, logistics optimization
· Communicate/Drive new innovative idea’s to the Think Tank group to reflect future technology trends, development.
· Experience in sales / engineering +5 years in different cultures / industries
· Good knowledge and understanding of logistics/distribution, materials management and quality management.
· Highly advanced analytical skills, financial aspects associated with managing the VAS product line
· Fluent in English necessary
· Good communication skills in German, Italian, French or Spanish an advantage in this role
· Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other relevant Master’s degree
· Team Player, positively influences others, creative thinker.
· Strong use of initiative, drive, passion.
· Strong Communication Skills internally and externally. Must have the ability to interface at all levels in the organization and with customers/suppliers.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· Contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time