OEM Aftermarket Account Manager
- Develop and implement customer growth strategies for aftermarket products. Has direct responsibility for NAFTA. Works with RFM to ensure OEM strategies are deployed throughout the OEM dealer networks and pull through sales strategies are encouraged.
- Direct involvement in problem resolution.
- Develop and manage senior and executive customer relationships.
- Participates in OEM events representing Eaton and PL products.
- Collects business intelligence information to determine industry trends and communicate within the organization.
- Drive and ensure Long Term Agreement contract administration (ex. Pricing, Rebates, etc.).
- Implements product pricing updates & maintains Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) targets.
- Participates in SIOP process to improve forecast accuracy.
- Contributes to new product introduction to assist in producing a successful launch by participation in ProLaunch as functional sales lead.
- Anticipates customer future needs using CCR surveys and other channels such as customer scorecards through which customer’s offers feedback. Communicate findings to BU leaders.
- Supports customer scorecard activities and improvements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in sales, marketing, aftermarket, or customer support
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- Master's degree preferred
- Knowledge of truck products is a plus
- Experience in the trucking and transportation industry is preferred
- Incumbent must be self-motivated and goal driven given the current pace and complexity of today’s trucking industry.
- Incumbent must be skillful in the analysis of industry/customer trends and in the development of strategic initiatives to maximize internal goals and objectives
- A key aspect of the position involves building positive relationships at all levels of the customer’s organization as well as internally. Candidates must be able to communicate and negotiate effectively internally & externally.
- The job may require extensive travel to OEM customer locations, dealers and fleet locations as well.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time