Continuous Improvement Manager
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
The primary function of this role is to lead, manage and co-ordinate the continuous improvement program within a manufacturing business with complex supply chains to meet the business goals and objectives.
To train other members of the organization in Lean tools and techniques to promote a culture of CI in the organization and create CI advocates within the business.
Contribute to the development of CI strategic initiatives, business case elements on cost, quality and KPI’s and co-ordinate these projects to deliver the business objectives.
· To be the Leader of change throughout the business via identification, quantification and management of projects derived from all areas of the business from operations/manufacturing, supply chain and all support areas of the business.
· To develop the strategy for CI and deploy the appropriate lean tools and techniques required to meet the business KPI’s at Sutton MEDC and identify and implement process improvements with the key business deliverables of quality, cost, service and inventory.
· To deploy best practice lean tools and techniques within the business including ELSS (Eaton Lean Six Sigma) tools through coaching and training of key managers, supervisors and staff. Including leading and facilitation of Kaizen and 5S team events. Ensuring that these methodologies enable the business to deliver products and services to meet the changing demands of the customers.
· To achieve annualized savings for projects and initiatives in line with the project deck requirements – profit plan. To coordinate the deck build activities during the profit planning process. To support the Operation team in project management and departmental goals.
· To continually improve project management techniques and coach others in the use and development of these tools to ensure projects are clearly managed and closed out in a timely manner. Ensuring that project plans are maintained, accurate and present regular status updates concisely using a highly competent presentation style.
· To eliminate or reduce business issues through the use of root cause analysis and corrective actions plans.
· To engage fully with the whole organization to promote the benefits of Lean/CI and gain buy in on the Lean/CI culture to become a business ethos.
· To have a flexible approach to CI and the changing needs of the business to react as required to achieve the business goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
· Engineering Degree or equivalents
· Six Sigma Qualification
· Project Management and Supply chain Experience
· Computer Literate (MS Office/Project/Visio, Minitab)
· Experience of ERP Systems. Problem Solving concepts (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
· Experience of SAP is desirable
· Confident in communicating with all levels within a matrix organization
· Ability to demonstrate a collaborative style
· Able to manage conflict
· Training of cross functional group
What Eaton offers:
· Competitive Salary + Benefits
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD HAC Hazardous Area Communications
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No