Project Leader- Supplier Development, New Product Design
- The person should have knowledge of sourcing, Manufacturing knowledge (DFM), Quality and program management.
- Work and involve strategic suppliers in initial design phase to make sure engineering design are manufactured to industry standards.
- Lead RFQs, get volume base pricing , negotiate pricing , get prototypes, and PPAPs from suppliers.
- Help Program Manager to work and achieve prelaunch gate deliverables. Keep project team updated with all SCM statuses.
- Participate in global review meetings and is the subject matter expert for supply chain related processes.
- Ensure the global commodity strategies are followed for all NPD projects and ensure we use strategic and mature suppliers on the NPD projects. Own the process for any exceptions, which include a detailed review of all suppliers before going to non-strategic supplier.
- Lead global SCM NPD programs and leverage global suppliers; leverage Eaton global SDE and sourcing team to achieve overall cost , meet reasonable time line for development.
- Get SDE lead APQP process with suppliers and provide the support to get the PPAP approved on all components.
- Support the project team to define SCM capital requirement for project
- Collaboration with EIEC and Global Engineering Team to get technical questions addressed on time.
- Support Materials team to define inventory model on purchase component.
- Ensure smooth transition of suppliers from PPAP to regular production before handing over projects to the manufacturing plants.
- Ensure Standard SCM process and forms are updated regularly and kept ready for review at any time.
- Team with other functions in the business (Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing and Supply Chain) to ensure that the organization is aligned along with a “Power of One” approach to NPI opportunities, issues and solutions
- Other assigned projects and task as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Product Management, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in industrial product development, design, or management.
- Sponsorship is NOT provided. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- MBA degree preferred
- Leadership Experience
- Hydraulics Industry experience
- Bachelors in Electrical or Mechanical
- Minimum of 1 year experience on casting, precision machining, gears and shafts , bearings and electrical components like PCB, Solenoid coils and PCBA will be preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in supply chain and purchasing reporting systems.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Hydraulics commodity products and supplier resources.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with quality assurance and reporting accuracy.
- Minimum of 1 year experience, knowledge, and applications skills of process improvement
- Minimum of 1 year experience reading drawings , understand GD&T and understand manufacturing principals and processes.
- Good communications and customer care skills when interacting with both internal and/or external customers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time