Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Journeyman Electrician/PLC/CNC Technician
Eaton's facility located in Vicksburg, MS has an opening for a Journeyman Electrician – PLC/CNC Technician to work 1st Shift.
The Journeyman Electrician performs general industrial manufacturing electrical and service work to include layout, relocation, installation, maintenance and repair of power distribution service systems, powerhouse and substation work, electrical systems, industrial machinery, electronic equipment, etc. Employee must also be able to pass a pre-employment screening check. This is a bargaining unit position.
- May work on hot circuits when not possible to shut off power by using approved safeguards;
- Plan and perform plant electrical work in accordance with all applicable local and national code standards.
- Troubleshoots and repairs industrial equipment;
- Troubleshooting of PLC and CNC related issues;
- Cleans personal area in department and work area after job is completed;
- Observes all safety regulations;
- Perform in other trades such as mechanical and electrical as needed;
- Maintain a clean and orderly working and storage area in accordance with the 5S Program.
- Observe all Life Safety Rules and safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Acts as a safety observer at all times; and
- Expected to work overtime as required and is on call 24 hours per day.
- Perform additional related duties as required.
Tools and Equipment:
- Includes electrician’s tools, various electrical gas, pressure and flow meters, instruments, testing devices, computers, PLC Programming Software, ladders, scaffolding, threading and forming equipment, and safety protection equipment.
- May direct helpers or other maintenance workers as required
- Hold and work as a Journeyman electrician in an industrial setting for a period of at least one year OR have formal training and extensive experience in troubleshooting and repair of PLC’s, and CNC machinery for at least 5 years
- Must possess an Associate’s degree OR equivalent from a two-year college or technical school OR five years’ work experience in an industrial setting doing electrical work
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Vicksburg, MS will be considered
- Working knowledge of local and national electrical codes.
- Knowledge of Power distribution service systems and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret an extensive variety of technical or electrical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to perform basic shop math, compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as tapes, rules, calipers and micrometers.
- Ability to use various electrical testers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial equipment, such as PLC or CNC.
- Ability to define problems and problem solve.
- Ability to effectively work and positive contribute to the Eaton team and Culture
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No