Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Material Controller (Shipping)
Eaton in Jackson, MS is seeking a full-time Material Control (Shipping) individual to work 1st shift.
- Prepare and package units, components, parts and assemblies for shipment
- Ensure all shipments meet sales order requirements to ensure proper amounts, identification, correct ship dates, and correct materials are present
- Prepare shipping labels via use of computer system and internal and freight carrier label/bill-of-landing computer systems.
- Check incoming shipment bills of lading and reconcile supplier receipts to purchase orders requirements
- Receive incoming product to the plant's perpetual inventory management system
- Perform cleaning tank operations as defined by the process plan
- Maintain clean and orderly work area to required standard
- Comply with all Environmental, Health, and Safety policies and work-rules
- Perform periodic cycle counting of parts to ensure bin accuracy
- Perform computer transactions to ensure inventory accuracy
- Load, unload, and move parts through facility on frequent basis. Some occasional heavy lifting (60 lbs.) may be required
- Perform other duties as required within the job classification
- Notify supervisor when work received does not meet the specifications observable in the normal course of performing duties such as quantity and work order packages
- Perform operator defined 5S/TPM (Total preventative Maintenance) tasks as required
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years prior work experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Jackson, MS will be considered
- Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Technology, or related field from an accredited post-secondary college or school
- Fork-lift driver experience
- Mechanical parts knowledge including the ability to recognize part material and family
- Good attendance record
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing, warehouse/distribution, and/or military environment
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships in a diverse environment
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Proficient writing skills and ability to comprehend detailed written instructions
- Basic shop math skills including linear measuring, weight measuring, use of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and problem solving
- Ability to complete written forms, check lists, and other hand-written documents
- Good individual job safety record
- Prior experience using computers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No