Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Select appropriate measuring instruments and measurement techniques for the job at hand.
- Set-up and inspect component parts to the appropriate drawings, process sheets, and inspection instructions.
- Document inspection results in accordance with the appropriate Quality Assurance Procedure.
- Perform and document results of first article inspections, FAA conformity inspections and expanded inspections on required programs.
- Utilize and operate all measuring equipment and instruments located within the machine shop and inspection locations.
- Perform and document results of the pre-shipment inspection of final assemblies and loose parts prior to shipment.
- Ability to read and complete inspection ledger, inspection check sheet, operation sheet, move ticket and discrepancy report (DR) and other paperwork as necessary to comply with Quality Systems.
- Responsible for notifying supervisors when work received does not meet the specifications required by previous operators including paperwork requirements as observable.
- Performs operator defined TPM and/or 5S tasks as required.
- Responsible for returning all tools to their proper location at the end of the shift and cleaning work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years prior work experience in a manufacturing or military environment performing machining, assembly, test, or inspection work.
- An Associate’s Degree in a technical field such as drafting, designing, industrial production, or manufacturing engineering technology may be substituted for work experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Jackson, MS will be considered
- Prior work experience using inspection techniques
- Prior work experience using basic table layout techniques including, but not limited to, true position, perpendicularity, runout, and parallelism
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Ability to articulate technical information in an actionable format in both verbal and written form
- Flexibility, ability to multitask, and proficiency in shifting priorities
- Strong shop math skills
- Basic knowledge of component parts
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and applicable specifications
- Ability to read and complete inspection ledgers
- Demonstrated ability to select and use measuring equipment
- Concern for quality improvement
- Concern for job safety
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No