Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Core/Coil Assembler (2nd Shift)
Eaton in Nacogdoches, TX is seeking a full-time Core/Coil Assembler to work 2nd shift.
Performs work in some or all of the following work centers:
Bake oven, Coil hot press, Core/clamp, Hook-up, L.V. welding/finishing, Lead press, Stacking, T.T.R., Wire cut/term
- Attends work on a regular basis
- Ensures compliance with all safety and housekeeping practices and company policies and procedures.
- Follows customer specifications, blueprints and bills of material, standardized procedures and prescribed methods (NFOI) to assemble various sizes of transformers and related sub-assemblies.
- Typical tasks include:
- Load cores and coils onto stacking line
- Stack core around the legs of the coils
- Apply steel banding strap to core clamp the assembly
- Operate TIG welder to weld together L.V. leads and crossovers
- Follows L.V. & H.V. hookup diagrams to make all assembly connections
- Tests each finished unit for proper ratio and good connections using TTR tester,
- Operates worksaver to transport racks of finished assemblies to designated storage area
- Based on shipping schedule, identifies and scans units to generate data for oven loading sequence and loads units into core/coil bake oven
- Welds lead assemblies as required for future orders
- Using provided scheduling documents and bills of materials, stamps out and welds lead assemblies to support production
- Reworks damaged or defective component parts and complete assemblies, Scrap unusable or overstock materials and parts.
- Inspect tools for damage and repair/replacement.
- Perform routine upkeep on tools and equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Nacogdoches, TX will be considered
- Assembly experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
- Familiar with manufacturing safety protocols and strive for quality
- Ability to read and understand written communications including basic operating instructions, Job Safety Analysis, etc.
- Ability to follow production schedules
- Perform close vision work
- Bend and stoop frequently and stand and walk constantly
- Use hands and upper extremities to perform tasks of a repetitive nature
- Wear PPE
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No