Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division has an opening for an Electrical Engineer. The Electrical Engineer will be located at our Roanoke, VA facility.
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is searching for a talented and energetic Electrical Engineer to support the electrical products assembly operation. This position will be attractive for an active self-starter who enjoys working in assembly operations. The Roanoke location houses an assembly operation as well as the distribution center for the Crouse-Hinds Division, and therefore will get exposure to different products and parts of the business as well.
The position is responsible for engineering support of electrical products assembly, which includes:
- Lead and support activities in pursuit of a vigorous lean culture.
- Investigate and solve problems in assembly of products.
- To liaise with and support the new product project teams and the assembly department to ascertain the manufacturability of new and existing products.
- To work alongside the Project teams to achieve a cost effective and reliable product.
- To determine the manufacturing processes and methods on new and existing products.
- To assist in providing estimated engineering costs of new and existing products.
- To review drawings from project teams to identify tooling equipment and services required for manufacturing.
- To undertake technical investigations and resolve assembly problems.
- Identify any product failures and troubleshoot
- Partner with and advise development and modification engineers to insure that new designs incorporate provisions for maximum manufacturing economy.
- Support new product launches for the facility through formal new product development process
- Making engineering judgments regarding product problems and be able to recommend solutions suitable for the preferred assembly method or process.
- Direct and coordinate assembly or building of prototype product or system.
- Train assembly personnel on correct methods and procedures necessary for production.
- Plan and develop experimental test programs.
- Analyze test data to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Obsolescence management
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles will be considered for this role
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Understanding of product validation testing
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- SMT assembly process
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement efforts, such as: kaizen, visual management, 5S, standard work, value stream mapping, etc.
- Lean, six-sigma training
- SAP experience
- Experience in procurement of electrical testing hardware and software
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No