Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Microgrid and Distributed Generation Project Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division has an opening for a Senior Microgrid and Distributed Generation Project Manager. The position will be based out of Warrendale, PA.
Position Overview :
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
The purpose of this position is to provide project management expertise in electrical, civil, structural and mechanical aspects of large, Design Build, Microgrid and Distributed Generation Projects.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the overall management and execution of multiple Design Build projects. The SPM is charged with supporting the sales force and zone manager during the front end sales process to ensure a seamless transition from quote into execution.
- Knowledge and understanding of Design Build projects and process
- Knowledge and understanding of Microgrid and Distributed Generation Projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts through final engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of wind, solar, generation and battery storage technologies and applications.
- Ability to integrate systems and manage a cross-functional work group through standard project process and procedures.
- Construction estimating and sales support
- Contract and subcontract knowledge and experience
- Ability to implement project financial controls
- Responsibility for project profit, loss, and forecast
- Knowledge and skills to manage project scope changes
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules
- Ability to work with and manage design teams
- Ability to improve subcontractor inefficiencies
- Ability to manage subcontractor budgets
- Ability to set up and manage subcontractor AIA forms
- Ability to manage safe work environment and program which includes but not limited to job site safety analysis, rigging plans, environmental risk planning, job audits, confined space programs and lock and tag procedures.
- Ability to create and maintain project QA/QC process
- Contingency planning expertise and knowledge
- Ability to create, prioritize and maintain project action item list.
- Ability to maintain accurate as-built documentation and punch-lists
- Ability to maintain daily/weekly progress reports
- Ability to support and manage multiple projects
- Document control experience and expertise
- Bachelors or Associates degree in civil, structural, mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited institution OR Minimum 10+ years of microgrid project management experience.
- Minimum of 10 years' of electrical project management experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Project or Primavera Scheduling software
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles will be considered.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Working knowledge of NERC/FERC, NESC, NEC, ANSI, NETA
- PE License
- PMP Certified
- OSHA 30 Certification
- First Aid and CPR Trained
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time