Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton is seeking a Production Supervisor to support our Power Controls division in Fayetteville, NC! This is a second shift position.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing department(s) of employees in the assembly of products for Eaton customers. The primary objectives will be to achieve results on the High 5 metrics (safety, quality, on-time-delivery, inventory, productivity), drive employee engagement, and develop the team to continuously improve.
- Assist in establishing departmental goals that are challenging targets for the High 5.
- Devise strategies with documented action plans to achieve targets.
- Provide input to forecast and hold the team accountable to the process in order to meet commitments.
- Determine the effect of production load and mix changes on staffing and department operations. Take actions(s) to adjust capacity (labor and/or equipment) to meet new production requirements.
- Follow up on the progress towards targets:
- Conduct periodical review of area targets.
- Take problem-solving countermeasures.
- Follow up on the results of the countermeasures.
- Support the team if results are unsatisfactory.
- Personally address problems of severe nature under area of authority.
- Improve quality assurance system by building quality into the process.
- Effectively deal with opportunities identified by the team to help bring about positive resolution.
- Drive a positive, inclusive high performance work culture through the establishment of clear expectations and accountability from and to the team.
- Champion the Continuous Improvement Framework in ICD to drive High 5 results and impact Employee Morale.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a manufacturing role.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing or leading others.
- Must be eligible to work in the US on a continual and permanent basis without sponsorship.
- Applying knowledge of manufacturing procedures/practices including Industrial Engineering principles, production planning and Lean/Six Sigma
- Proficient in driving Quality Control and Inventory Control
- Proven Leadership skills – capable of leading change initiatives and drive a high performance culture
- Degree in Business, Engineering or related manufacturing related discipline
- Lean and/or Six Sigma background
- Previous role/experience managing others
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico