Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial Accountant (Corporate)
The primary objective of the role is to provide accurate financial analysis that can be used to support and influence decision making for Eaton Corporate Finance teams.The role is in charge of providing a financial controllership service including review and analysis of monthly results and implementing monthly variance reporting as compared to budget and forecast
- Analyze financial data relating to rolling forecasts, profit plans, monthly results and ad-hoc requests
- Perform all necessary reviews, analysis and postings required in line with month end requirements and with accounting standards
- Acquire & maintain complete understanding of the Eaton financial analysis tools including Oracle/Hyperion/Encore/Radar/HFM to ensure accurate reporting
- Develop and improve Forecasting, Actual and budgeting Financial Analysis reporting
- Produce month end reporting requirements including full balance sheet reconciliation, review and compliance checks including co-ordination of balance sheet sign off in line with SOX/audit requirements
- Proactively seek new opportunities to improve the productivity within the Accounting team
- Provide guidance on findings through business and financial Analysis
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Support the transfer new service offerings or enhancements either through direct on-boarding responsibility or providing financial guidance, viewpoints and support where required
- Participate in the preparation of, annual profit plan and forecasts and annual recharge process requirements across the EMEA region
- Insures adherence to standard accounting principles and practices under both local and US GAAP
- Complete all balance sheet monthly and quarterly deliverables and review balance sheet positions for integrity of accruals
- Provide Internal and external audit support
- Perform monthly Fx analysis, provide reasons for movement and make necessary adjustments for financial reporting
- Financial degree or equivalent, with at least 2-3 years’ finance experience
- Fluent English, any additional European language is a plus
- Recognized accounting qualification ACCA | CIMA | ICAS | MBA | CPA is preferable
- Advanced PC / Technical Skills and Experience with Microsoft Office Products including MS Access, MS Excel and Visual Basic. Advanced knowledge of ERP preferably SAP
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX exposure preferable
- Experience in a similar industry will be advantageous, as well as international experience
- Good interpersonal relationship skills, excellent focus on customer service and influencing ability
- Thorough understanding of Accountancy, Corporate Policies, Corporate
- Procedures and Systems
- Proven track record delivering process improvement initiatives
- Proven track record in managing, communicating and escalating risk
- Ability to operate and deliver independently without day to day supervisio
What Eaton offers:
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit http://www.eaton.com/.
Applicants to this vacancy will be subject to ability testing, as part of the recruitment process.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No