Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Tester (2nd Shift)
Test Switchboard & Panelboard product produced on all lines, according to testing work instructions and in accordance with applicable governmental requirements, to uncover product non-conformances. Document inspections made on applicable checklist
Utilize High-Pot, continuity tester, trip test kits, test wagon, and component-specific testing devices to perform electrical testing. Verify switches and circuit breakers function properly. Conduct electrical tests per safety and training requirements and procedures. (HiPot , Shunt Trip, component Testing )
Verify that any revisions released to the production floor regarding wiring are incorporated into the product, all documentation reflects the current revision, and previous revisions of documents are destroyed.
Ensure that component literature and necessary product documentation are included with the job.
Thoroughly document nonconformance’s, which are critical quality records, to aid problem solving and continuous improvement efforts. Communicate production non-conformances to appropriate production personnel in a timely manner and verify required rework. Communicate design errors to appropriate front end personnel for correction, obtain revisions, and verify required rework.
Ensure that suspect product is identified as such at all times to prevent unintended use.
Serve as informal trainer for to production personnel.
Monitor work flow on all production line and prioritize inspection tasks between all lines to minimize flow disruption.
Coordinate with other testers to transfer incomplete jobs from one shift to the other such that no tests are missed and full accountability is maintained.
Support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts by bringing attention to quality problems, participating on improvement teams, and working with production personnel to resolve minor problems.
Work in a safe manner, observing all safety rules and protocol. Report unsafe situations to Supervisor. Stop all work immediately if unsafe conditions warrant.
Maintain orderly and clean work area.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience performing electrical testing.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of Sumter (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
- Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs. with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
- Associate's Degree in Mechatronics or a related field from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in Switchboard Assembly
- 3 years of experience performing electrical testing
- Requires thorough knowledge of basic electricity, current flow, and component functionality.
Requires thorough knowledge of all assembled SWBD product designs (i.e. PRL-C, PRL-I, IFS, etc.)
- Requires thorough knowledge related to wiring of various components
- Requires thorough knowledge of basic electricity, current flow, component functionality, and assembly processes on all lines. (HiPot , Shunt Trip, component Testing )
- Requires competency in applicable UL codes, NEC codes, regional utility codes, customer-specific requirements.
- Requires the ability to read, comprehend, and interpret manufacturing documents, including front view, MIs, Blow-Thrus, Wiring Diagrams, component literature, engineering drawings, and testing procedures.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No